I can’t believe Burnished Chaos is six months old today! In one sense the past six months have flown by in a flash, but then at the same time, I have come so far in the last six months that it almost feels like a life time ago.
In honour of the special occassion I thought I would do a quick recap of what I have learnt along the way and what I have achieved so far.
What I have Learnt
- Blogging is all encompassing and will take over every area of your life. It’s a fine balancing act if you want to keep some semblance of life away from the blog. At the same time, it also forces you to pay more attention to your life; you never know what what make a good story and you photograph absolutely everything.
- The blogging community is awesome, or as my son would say, tepic (totally epic). Every single person that I have come into contact with since I started this journey has been so welcoming and so helpful.
- I need to spend more time writing. The promotion part of blogging takes over and it is so easy to get lost down the rabbit hole of reading other blogs, checking facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest etc, and while I love all of it, I need to set aside time specifically for writing or nothing will ever get done. I have been working on this over the past few weeks and I am getting there slowly but surely.
I’m sure I will remember way more points after I hit publish, but these are the things that really stick out
What I have achieved So far
- I bought, installed and customised a theme that I love and feel represents me.
- I have ‘branded’ my site and pictures etc with the same colours.
- I have almost reached 2000 followers on twitter – well 1,833 at the time of writing this but I think that counts as close – if you want to help get me closer I’ll love you forever 😉
- I have finally set up an email list and created my first subscriber only workbook (if you want to subscribe below I’ll love you forever ever)
- I have had posts chosen as the weeks’ featured post on 7 different linkies.
- I was featured in the Britmums Newbie Round-Up – many thanks to Aby of youbabymemummy.com
- I have bought tickets to my first Blog Conference – BlogOnMSI 2017
- I have overcome my fears and ‘put myself out there’
- I’m starting to get to grips with Pinterest and have just applied for rich pins (feel free to follow me on Pinterest and get pin happy on any of my posts – see how well I’m doing at the self-promotion thing!)
- Perhaps most importantly, if have found me again.
Thank you all for reading my blog over the last 6 months and for all your encouraging comments, it really is greatly appreciated x