At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
March Goals Round-Up
- Baking session with the kids. Done. We made Star Wars biscuits for M to take in to school for a project.
- Hubby is due home this month so looking forward to spending time together as a family. It’s so great having him back and we’re really making the most of the weekends.
- Book a short romantic getaway. We’re thinking of somewhere along the coast maybe, and going cheap and cheerful this time after our indulgence at Crab Manor Hotel. If anyone has any suggestions for places in the north, let me know x Done. We went away on Monday for two nights and stayed in a lovely hotel on the Quayside in Newcastle. I’ll write about it soon. We had a great time and will definitely be returning.
- Get stuck in with my cleaning rota. Not quite. In my defence though the hubby is always a step ahead of me anyway when it comes to cleaning. By the time I’ve thought of doing it, he’s already finished it. Can’t complain about that!
- Weed and tidy up the front garden. Nope. I was going to do it yesterday just so I could cross it off but I ended up hurting my neck and shoulder again while we were away so it will have to wait.
- Finish the Blog Growth Accelerator Course. Done. I’ve finished the course but I haven’t yet implemented everything I’ve learned. There was so much to work through that I may be on with this a while. I have pages and pages of notes to sort through. I highly recommend the course if it comes up again.
- Use all the amazing tips from the course to update a few elements on the blog. Still working on this.
- I’m not happy with my blog graphics so I’ve been playing round with a few ideas. I want to get this nailed in March so that I have more consistency. Done. I’m quite happy with the way they are looking now and there is much more consistency.
- Catch up on all the guest posts and blogging tags I’ve committed to. Not quite, I’m about half-way through. I did the #rockingmotherhood tag (10 Reasons Why I’m Rocking Motherhood), did an interview over on From Tum To Mum (see it here) and also wrote a ‘day in the life’ post scheduled for 10th may on Dear Bear And Beany.
- I have an idea for a new collaborative series that I want to explore a bit more. Not yet. Early on in the month Susie at This Is Me Now asked if I’d like to collaborate on a new Instagram Community so I’ve been focusing on that instead. We went live with it yesterday and you can find out more here – #funseekingkids A New Instagram Community.
- Read another book. Nope, only managed about a third, but then I always read less when hubby is home.
- Up my water intake again. Better than last month but still room for improvement.
- Is it worth even adding exercise? I’m just humiliating myself now. I’ll give it another go though. I’m just going to gloss over this one and hope you don’t notice.
- Continue with my daily meditations. A few weeks ago I reviewed the Mindfulness Mediation App by Welzen and I notice a real difference on the days when I forget to do it. My son is really enjoying doing it on a night before he goes to bed too. Done. I’ve only missed four days in the whole month and I’m loving it. I notice such a difference on the days when I don’t do it.
- I’m going to be more realistic with the crochet goals and aim for three a day instead, so that’s 93 for the month. Nope. I only managed 45 this month but things have been pretty hectic so I’m not too disappointed.
- Make the most of every weekend and get out and about.
- The Easter holidays are coming up so I’ll cut down the workload slightly so we can spend more time together and have lots of days out.
- M turns 8 at the end of the month so there’s a party to plan.
- Arrange a Spa afternoon with my Mum.
- Weed the front garden.
- Find a nice storage box/ottoman to contain the clutter in the bedroom (mainly all the wool I have for making this blanket).
- Catch up on the all the blog comments I haven’t replied to yet. I always used to reply through the WordPress app on my phone or iPad but for some reason it’s stopped working this past month and now I’m so far behind.
- Set up my collaborative series.
- Write my posts for the Blogger Recognition Award and Versatile Blogger Award.
- Promote and expand the #funseekingkids Instagram community.
- Take a break from the Words To Live By series over the Easter holidays.
- Continue meditating.
- Finish the book I started in March.
- I’m going to aim for 3 crochet squares a day again and see if I can hit it this time.
How about you? How did you get on in March? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for April?