At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found it really helps keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there’s an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
Well, the first half of the year is officially over and it’s time for the second half to begin. Fingers crossed it keeps the weather from the past month as we have lots of days out planned.
- M really want to visit Bowes Museum so I’m going to try and arrange that for next week. Yes, it was a really lovely evening.
- See M in his school’s Summer Production. Yes and he was epic.
- Order L’s first school uniform!!!!! Done, I still can’t believe she’s about to start school.
- Dig up the front garden and look into some new evergreen plants to put out there. I dug it up but haven’t done anything else with it yet.
- Get the rest of the decking oiled. As much as I could with the scaffolding taking up the top end.
- Declutter the drawers in the dining room. Done, finally.
- Get all my game reviews written and posted. I’m ashamed to say no, not yet.
- Go on a Spa afternoon with my mum. It was a birthday present from back in April and we’ve had to reschedule a few times but I’m determined it will be happening next weekend! Yes and it was so relaxing.
- Keep up the meditations. Yes, I’m on a 79 day streak.
- Exercise more. Big fail, oops.
- Survive a 4-year-old’s birthday party. We invited her whole preschool figuring that with it being in the holidays a lot of them wouldn’t be able to make it. Problem is, out of 43 invites I’ve had three no’s and 8 yes’s, that leaves another 32 that may or may not turn up. No idea how to organise food and party bags when the numbers are so off. Wish me luck!
- I have quite a few days off throughout August and with Keith home as of yesterday I’m looking forward to all spending some quality time together and enjoying some days out. We’re also hoping to get away for a few days.
- No plans for the home this month, it’s all about getting out of the home and having fun.
- I’ll be taking the month off. I may post the odd happy days post but I’m not going to hold myself to it, family time will be coming first.
- Cut back on screen time over the summer to be really present and make the most of our time together.
- Keep up the meditations.
How about you? How did you get on in July? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for August?