At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I like to have a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
Last month was a bit of a write off if I’m honest. L was poorly for the first half and I’ve been ill for the second half so all goals kind of went out the window. I about halfway through the month I was getting myself in a bit of a state about it and that’s when I got ill too. Following my own advice from an old post (Listen To Your Body), I took it as a sign I needed to give myself a break and I’ve done just that.
- Get on top of meal planning. Started off well but once L became poorly the plan went out the window and it was case of making whatever I could get her to eat that day.
- Try out some new recipes. I tried a few but the kids didn’t like any of them, not a great surprise.
- Book a holiday for after Christmas. Done!!!!!! I’m so excited, we are all in desperate need of a break, sunshine here we come.
- Sort out the drawers in the sideboard. Nope
- Clear out the kid’s wardrobes. Fail.
- Keep on top of comments daily. Epic fail. Sorry guys, I really do need to sort my life out on this one as I’m so appreciative of each and every comment I receive.
- Get ahead with my posts so that I can take time off in December. No. I’ve struggled keeping up with them on a day to day basis and have even had to cancel a few so getting ahead was impossible.
- Meditate every single day for the whole month. Yes. There were a few days when I really couldn’t be bothered but I forced myself and always felt better afterwards. I also fell asleep during a few which was actually a bonus as sleep has been hit and miss the past couple of weeks.
- Weave in the ends of all those crochet squares (there’s only 700 of them, can’t be too hard right?) and get them blocked ready for sewing together. Done. I’ve even started sewing them together.
- Complete module three of NCC Home Learning’s Life Coaching Course. No. I haven’t even looked at this the past month but given everything that’s been going on I’m not going to beat myself up about it.
- Get all the Christmas shopping done in decent time this year and not leave it all to the last minute like I normally do.
- See M in his school play. I haven’t heard yet if pre-school are doing one but I know they did when M was there so I’ll have to wait and see.
- Have a great Christmas.
- Jet off on Holiday!
- Have a toy clear-out in preparation for Christmas.
- Complete the 2017 Wrap Party from Aby at You Baby Me Mummy. Last year’s was amazing so I’m really excited to get going again.
- Schedule a few posts to go out while I’m on holiday to keep things ticking over.
- Finish the Stormtrooper blanket in time for Christmas.
- Keep up the meditations.
- Remind myself it’s ok to slow things down for a while.
How about you? How did you get on in Novemberr? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for December?