At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found it really helps keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there’s an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
The plan for January was to take things easy and I did just that. After Keith being away for four months it’s been so nice just spending time together, especially on the days when L is in preschool. I usually have that as my blogging time but instead there have been long walks, meals out, and lazy days all without the children and it’s been bliss! (Don’t tell them!).
I am aiming to post a little more regularly in February but I want to keep things relaxed so that we can still enjoy a meal out once a week and have computer/tablet/phone free evenings.
- Eat healthier after the gluttony of the last three weeks. Yes. We’ve been meal planning again and Keith is an amazing cook so we’ve been eating really well.
- Get outside at weekends despite the weather. Done when possible. Everyone has been poorly and the weather has been either icy and treacherous or windy and freezing.
- Have a mass tidy up and sort all the kids toys from Christmas. We went on holiday on the 27th so it’s still all sat in the living room. Done. There was even a trip to the charity shop.
- Complete the Wrap Party and sort out a content plan going forward. Almost, I just need to get my content plan written out.
- Start exercising again, god knows I need it. Done. I’ve started daily yoga sessions and surprisingly I’m really loving it. I do need to add in some cardio though.
- Get back to meditating. Done. I’ve barely missed a day since I started up again and I’m really feeling the benefit.
- Catch up on my Life Coaching Course. I’ve started catching up but I’m still a module behind where I wanted to be.
- Have more weekend walks out with the dogs.
- Make the most of the half-term holidays.
- Celebrate Keith’s birthday.
- Sort out the bathroom clutter. We’ve ordered a new sink unit with drawers underneath so we can ditch our old cabinet which we’ve hated for years. It should be arriving later this week and I’m looking forward to having everything look neat and tidy.
- Sort out the drawers in the sideboard as they’re a disgrace and you can never find anything.
- Take part in the ABC123 Challenge that Karen of Two Tiny Hands is running starting 5th Feb.
- Start batching tasks and planning my time better so that I can still enjoy spending extra time with Keith and the kids.
- Keep up with the daily yoga and meditation practices.
- Add in some cardio exercise (need trainers for running).
- Catch up on my Life Coaching Course.
How about you? How did you get on in January? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for February?