At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found it really helps keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there’s an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a great Christmas.
This month’s post is a little later than usual as I went on holiday straight after Christmas and only just returned. I had a complete break from blogging and focused on having a great relaxing couple of weeks with the family. It was exactly what we all needed and while I’m raring to get back to blogging now, I’m going to try not to jump in too hard just yet and this month’s goals reflect that.
- Get all the Christmas shopping done in decent time this year and not leave it all to the last minute like I normally do. Done. There were a few last minute buys but the majority was sorted with 2 weeks to spare which is unheard of for me.
- See M in his school play. I haven’t heard yet if pre-school are doing one but I know they did when M was there so I’ll have to wait and see. Done. He absolutely hates being up on stage but I’m so proud of him for being able to put his fears aside and put in a great performance. Pre-school didn’t do one so I’ll have to wait another year to see L up on stage.
- Have a great Christmas. Yes! It was touch and go whether Keith would make it back in time but he ended up arriving on Christmas Day and we had a great relaxing day just the four of us.
- Jet off on Holiday! Done. We sooooo needed that holiday and it was absolutely amazing. We went to Ras Al Kaimah (about an hour away from Dubai) and chilled by the pool and the sea for two whole weeks, it was total bliss.
- Have a toy clear-out in preparation for Christmas. Partly. We did have a big cull but there were quite a few bits I put on our local selling site that didn’t go as I left it a bit close to Christmas so we still have a pile to get rid of.
- Complete the 2017 Wrap Party from Aby at You Baby Me Mummy. Last year’s was amazing so I’m really excited to get going again. Mostly. As always life got in the way in the run up to Christmas and I had so much going on and things to sort for the holiday, not to mention the stress over whether Keith would make it in time, that I only managed to comply half of it. What I did complete was amazing though and I’ll be doing the rest in the coming days.
- Schedule a few posts to go out while I’m on holiday to keep things ticking over. Nope. I was under so much stress and already not getting to bed till gone midnight most nights that this was one goal I decided to let go of for my own sanity.
- Finish the Stormtrooper blanket in time for Christmas. Nope. The squares have all now been stitched into rows but half of them still need the ends sewing in before I can start stitching the rows to one another. I underestimated how long that process would take and calculated that to finish it by Christmas I would have had to spend 6 hours a day on it and I don’t think anyone has that many free hours a day.
- Keep up the meditations. Sadly not after such a successful November. I really let this one slide and probably when I needed it the most too.
- Remind myself it’s ok to slow things down for a while. To an extent. I managed to let go of a few goals and know that it was ok but I still tried to do too much. I did completely switch off from everything blog and social media related after the kids broke up on 19th Dec though and have had a complete break until returning from holiday.
- Eat healthier after the gluttony of the last three weeks.
- Get outside at weekends despite the weather.
- Have a mass tidy up and sort all the kids toys from Christmas. We went on holiday on the 27th so it’s still all sat in the living room.
- Complete the Wrap Party and sort out a content plan going forward.
- Start exercising again, god knows I need it.
- Get back to meditating.
- Catch up on my Life Coaching course.
How about you? How did you get on in December? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for January?