At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
How is it July already? This year seems to be flying by so fast. June was definitely a month of two halves. The first half of the month we had one of the best half-term holidays we have ever had and lots of outdoor fun in the sunshine and paddling pool. The second half, Keith went back to Sea and we had A LOT of rain and almost winter like conditions, I even had to wrap up in a wooly jumper and put the heating on yesterday!
- Make the most of the half-term holidays. Amazingly, Keith is still home so we have some great days out planned. We had a fantastic half-term and went out somewhere pretty much every day. You can read about what we got up to in Happy Days: Cars, Caves and Beaches and A Family Day Out In Whitby. Unfortunately Keith did go back to sea right after the holidays but it’s only a short trip this time and he should be back by the end of July.
- Continue with our weekend outings. Done with the exception of the weekend just after Keith left (the car needed new tyres) we have been out somewhere at least one day every weekend.
- Clean and oil the decking ready for the summer. Done and it looks so much better.
- Have another wardrobe clear-out. Never did get round to this, although Keith did his side.
- Start the Words To Live By series back up again. The break was only meant to be for the Easter holidays and the two weeks after for M’s birthday and Keith going back to Sea. But, Keith never actually went back to Sea and we still don’t know when his next trip is going to be. It could be next week, it could be next month, so it’s time I get it back up and running again. Done. You can read the return post here – Words To Live By #22: Be The Energy You Want To Attract. I have so much more on my plate since the series first started that I have found it hard to fit in so I’m not sure yet whether it will continue as a weekly series or maybe move to fortnightly instead.
- Make use of my Tailwind trial and purchase it if it seems worthwhile. Done. I cannot tell you how much I am loving Tailwind. I always found it hard to keep on top of Pinterest but I now have enough scheduled for the next week and a half! If you fancy giving it a go you drop me a message and I can email you a $15 off code (as a disclaimer I will also receive $15 credited to my account which will give me a free month).
- Get back to meditation. Sort of. I have been more consistent this past week or two but I would like to get back into the habit of doing it every morning.
- Crochet 90 squares. Not quite. I managed 74 though so not too bad.
- Drink more water. I cracked this a few months ago but have been slipping again lately. Not consistently but better than before.
- Exercise. I’m actually feeling optimistic this month, honest! Again, not consistently but I have done some and I am getting into more of a routine with it.
- Keep up the weekend outings. It’s a little harder without Keith here but I am determined to keep it up.
- Get everything organised for L’s 3rd Birthday at the start of August.
- Plan some great days out for the Summer holidays.
- Have a wardrobe clear-out.
- Get our new artwork hung up.
- I have got really behind with replying to blog comments again so I need to catch up and then keep up with it this month.
- It’s my one year Blogoversary this month. I’m not planning anything big but I d want to do a re-cap of my year and what I have learnt.
- Try and get ahead with my posts so that I can schedule a few in advance for over the summer holidays.
- Make meditation part of my daily routine.
- Crochet 90 squares.
- Exercise more consistently.
- Read at least one book. Or perhaps I should say finish at least one book as I have three on the go at the minute!
How about you? How did you get on in June? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for July?