At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found it really helps keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there’s an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
I didn’t do particularly well with June’s goals but at the same time I feel I had a better month in terms of how I feel in myself. It could have something to do with all the gorgeous sunshine we’ve been having of late!
- Try out a few different meals and be consistent with meal planning. Not really. I have tried out a few but not as many as I would have liked and while I have been meal planning every week, at least half of the time it ends up going out the window.
- Take M to the cinema to see the new Star Wars film. Yes and we had a really great night.
- Sort out the front garden. The plants are looking a bit worse for wear and I fear they may need digging up and replacing. Nope, although I was out there with the weedkiller this afternoon and I’ve stripped down and re-oiled the bottom area of our decking which gets the most sun. Some of the boards were starting to warp in the heat wave so that was the priority.
- Do some big decluttering. Nope, I haven’t even made a start on this one.
- Get back into a consistent routine. Not as much as I would like. I do have a routine with the #FamilyFunLinky and the #funseekingkids round-ups as well as my Happy Days posts, but I haven’t written anything else in far too long now.
- I have four game board reviews outstanding that I must get posted. I need to hang my head in shame on this one. I have jotted down notes for each one and taken pictures, I just haven’t got round to actually writing them yet.
- Toying with the idea of a theme change or at least a bit of a restyle. I’m starting to go off the green so may either get rid of it entirely or tone it down to just a few accents, what do you think? I had a play around with a few different colour palettes but I’ve not found anything I really like yet.
- Keep up the meditations. Yes, I’m currently on a 48 day streak! I’ve even managed to get in quite a few outdoors meditations.
- Do more exercise. I have been doing a little more but not really enough.
- Finish the Star Wars blanket. Yes and no. It is finished but I’m not 100% happy with the border and think it needs a few more rounds to neaten up the edges.
- M really want to visit Bowes Museum so I’m going to try and arrange that for next week.
- See M in his school’s Summer Production.
- Order L’s first school uniform!!!!!
- Dig up the front garden and look into some new evergreen plants to put out there.
- Get the rest of the decking oiled.
- Declutter the drawers in the dining room.
- Get all my game reviews written and posted.
- Go on a Spa afternoon with my mum. It was a birthday present from back in April and we’ve had to reschedule a few times but I’m determined it will be happening next weekend!
- Keep up the meditations.
- Exercise more.
How about you? How did you get on in June? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for July?