At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. The idea came from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I’ve found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
This past month has actually gone really well, until you get to the personal goals, but then that’s always the way isn’t it?
- Finally get L out of nappies. We’ve actually just started but we’re only a couple of days in and its not going too well yet. It’s making us realise just how easy we had it with M, he practically trained himself by age 2. Done. She still wears pull-ups at night and if we are out all day but that’s more to do with using up what we have left rather than her really needing them now.
- Continue getting out every weekend, we are all feeling so much better for it and we are staggered at just how far L can walk. Done. We have never had so many outings and we are all loving every minute of it.
- Replace the boiler. We actually have someone coming to do this next week so a nice easy one to tick off. Done. It’s amazing having the water get hot so quickly and not having to keep topping the pressure up every couple of days!
- Buy an ottoman for the bedroom. Done. We took all the old kids toys that had become piled up next to the bed to the charity shop and I’ve put all my wool and keepsakes that were lying around in the ottoman. The floor by the bed is visible once more.
- Look into replacing the sink and cabinet in our bathroom as we hate the one in there at the minute. We did have a look into it and decided if we’re going to do it we may as well go the whole hog and replace the shower unit with a nice long walk-in one too, so this is something we are going to have to save up for and possibly do next time Keith is home.
- Keep up with all the comments this month. Not quite, but I’ve done better than last month.
- Set up my collaborative series. Done, and I’d really love you all to take part. You can find out more here: A New Guest Posting Series: ‘Tales From The Other Side Of…’
- Write my posts for the Blogger Recognition Award and Versatile Blogger Award. Half done. Read: Blogger Recognition Award
- Get my old posts loaded to social oomph. I started using it about half way through last month and I am loving it. Not yet, but I have been using it for all my new ones and I’m still loving it.
- Try out Tailwind for Pinterest. I signed up for the free trial but haven’t really done a lot with it yet.
- Attend BlogOnMSI in Manchester!!!!!!! Done. I had an amazing time and can’t wait to go back for the Christmas one!
- Start meditating regularly again. I started out really well at the start of the month but it’s dropped off again toward the end.
- Be more mindful with children. You can read more about that in my post A Month Of Mindful Mothering: Can You Take On The Challenge. I’ve got to be honest, I kind of forgot about this challenge about halfway through the month, oops. I have been trying to be more mindful over all though and I will try the challenge again.
- Get back to crocheting or this blanket will never be finished. I’m aiming for 3 a day again. Not really. Three a day would have got me 93 by the end of the month and I managed 47 so not great, but better than nothing I guess.
- Start exercising AGAIN. Please don’t laugh, one of these days I might actually tick this one off! Ha ha, I think you already know the answer to this one. To be fair I did start off well and was back to doing squats and kettlebells but then I injured my ankle while out walking one week in and the few days rest turned into a whole month. Must try harder.
- Make the most of the half-term holidays. Amazingly, Keith is still home so we have some great days out planned.
- Continue with our weekend outings.
- Clean and oil the decking ready for the summer.
- Have another wardrobe clear-out.
- Start the Words To Live By series back up again. The break was only meant to be for the Easter holidays and the two weeks after for M’s birthday and Keith going back to Sea. But, Keith never actually went back to Sea and we still don’t know when his next trip is going to be. It could be next week, it could be next month, so it’s time I get it back up and running again.
- Make use of my Tailwind trial and purchase it if it seems worthwhile.
- Get back to meditation.
- Crochet 90 squares.
- Drink more water. I cracked this a few months ago but have been slipping again lately.
- Exercise. I’m actually feeling optimistic this month, honest!
How about you? How did you get on in May? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for June?