At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found it really helps keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there’s an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
The past month was all kinds of crazy busy and full of illness is not a great deal got ticked off. Fingers crossed for a more productive March!
• Have more weekend walks out with the dogs. Done
• Make the most of the half-term holidays. As best we could. Not only was the weather terrible but L was really poorly most of the week too.
• Celebrate Keith’s birthday. Done. It was fairly low key with L being ill. I also had a job interview on the morning, but we did manage to get out for a meal in the afternoon.
• Sort out the bathroom clutter. We’ve ordered a new sink unit with drawers underneath so we can ditch our old cabinet which we’ve hated for years. It should be arriving later this week and I’m looking forward to having everything look neat and tidy. Where do I start with this one? The sink unit arrived and the drawers and everything are amazing, but then we decided to go the whole hog and replace our old shower unit with a walk in wet room style one as well as re-tile the floors and put underfloor heating in. It’s an ongoing project at the minute so now the bathroom is full of tools and the hallway is full of tiles. The shower is already in and working though and the end is in sight. It’s going to look amazing when it’s all done.
• Sort out the drawers in the sideboard as they’re a disgrace and you can never find anything. Nope.
• Take part in the ABC123 Challenge that Karen of Two Tiny Hands is running starting 5th Feb. Yes. I started an A-Z of Self-Care for busy parents series as part of the challenge and am loving it. I start a new job soon though and I’m starting to panic about how I’m going to keep up with all the blog posts.
• Start batching tasks and planning my time better so that I can still enjoy spending extra time with Keith and the kids. Big fail, but I’m really going to have to figure something out once I start work.
• Keep up with the daily yoga and meditation practices. Meditation yes, yoga no. I was really enjoying it as well so need to get back to it again.
• Add in some cardio exercise (need trainers for running). Huge fail.
• Catch up on my Life Coaching Course. I’m a little further ahead but still not completely caught up.
- L starts preschool full time next week and I’ll be returning to work after 9 years as a stay at home mum. Keith is also due to return to Sea in a couple of weeks. So the only goal we have is to make the most of our evenings and weekends.
- Get the bathroom finished. I’m helping where I can but this one falls on Keith’s shoulders and the man is working himself to the bone.
- Have our windows replaced. It’s all booked in for next week but if this snow continues we think they may reschedule, I just hope it’s before Keith goes away as I can’t really ask for time off during my first weeks in a new job!
- I’m not sure yet how blogging is going to fit in around work and everything else so my only goal is to keep the A-Z of Self-Care posts going out each week (as well as #FamilyFunLinky and #funseekingkids)
- Keep meditating.
- Start yoga again
- Get back to Keith’s stormtrooper blanket. The squares have all been stitched together into rows, now I just need to stitch the rows to each other and crochet a border, I just never seem to have the time at the minute though and it’s been neglected.
How about you? How did you get on in February? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for March?