At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there’s an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. The idea came from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I’ve found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
This last month has been a very busy one and I didn’t achieve many of my goals, but we did have a great time together as a family and that’s the most important thing for me, so I’m counting it as a successful month.
April Goals Round-Up
- Make the most of every weekend and get out and about. Done, I don’t think there has been a single weekend when we haven’t got out as a family.
- The Easter holidays are coming up so I’ll cut down the workload slightly so we can spend more time together and have lots of days out. Done, we had a great Easter. Read – Happy Days: Ending the Easter Holidays in Style
- M turns 8 at the end of the month so there’s a party to plan. Done, he went for a Minecraft theme! Read – Happy Days: Owls, Creepers and Zombies
- Arrange a Spa afternoon with my Mum. Nope.
- Weed the front garden. Done (well, Hubby did it).
- Find a nice storage box/ottoman to contain the clutter in the bedroom (mainly all the wool I have for making this blanket). Not yet, although I know which one I’m going to order.
- Catch up on the all the blog comments I haven’t replied to yet. I always used to reply through the WordPress app on my phone or iPad but for some reason it’s stopped working this past month and now I’m so far behind. Epic fail, I haven’t been able to keep on top of this at all so think I’m just going to have to draw a line under old posts and start fresh this month.
- Set up my collaborative series. Not yet, but keep your eyes peeled next month.
- Write my posts for the Blogger Recognition Award and Versatile Blogger Award. No, really must get these done.
- Promote and expand the #funseekingkids Instagram community. Yes. The number of photos we have linked up each week is incredible.
- Take a break from the Words To Live By series over the Easter holidays. Yes, this is still on break but will be returning later in the month.
- Continue meditating. My routine has slipped this past few weeks and I really need to get back to it as I notice such a difference when I make it a daily practice.
- Finish the book I started in March. Nope, I don’t think I’ve read anything this month!
- I’m going to aim for 3 crochet squares a day again and see if I can hit it this time. Epic fail, I think I managed about 10 squares total!
- Finally get L out of nappies. We’ve actually just started but we’re only a couple of days in and its not going too well yet. It’s making us realise just how easy we had it with M, he practically trained himself by age 2.
- Continue getting out every weekend, we are all feeling so much better for it and we are staggered at just how far L can walk.
- Replace the boiler. We actually have someone coming to do this next week so a nice easy one to tick off.
- Buy an ottoman for the bedroom.
- Look into replacing the sink and cabinet in our bathroom as we hate the one in there at the minute.
- Keep up with all the comments this month.
- Set up my collaborative series.
- Write my posts for the Blogger Recognition Award and Versatile Blogger Award.
- get my old posts loaded to social oomph. I started using it about half way through last month and I am loving it.
- Try out Tailwind for Pinterest.
- Attend BlogOnMSI in Manchester!!!!!!!
- Start meditating regularly again.
- be more mindful with children. You can read more about that in my post A Month Of Mindful Mothering: Can You Take On The Challenge
- Get back to crocheting or this blanket will never be finished. I’m aiming for 3 a day again.
- Start exercising AGAIN. Please don’t laugh, one of these days I might actually tick this one off!
How about you? How did you get on in April? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for May?