At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I’ve found it really helps keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there’s an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
You may have noticed I didn’t do a bucket list for April. Things have been a little crazy here this past couple of months and starting the new job has not only left me with less time to blog but I’ve also been mentally burnt out. I’ve decided to take the pressure off slightly and blog as and when I can and not beat myself up about it too much. Once things settle down at work (we have the inspectors coming in during May so its going to be a few weeks) I will hopefully be able to write more again.
- L starts preschool full time next week and I’ll be returning to work after 9 years as a stay at home mum. Keith is also due to return to Sea in a couple of weeks. So the only goal we have is to make the most of our evenings and weekends. Done. It’s been a huge adjustment and I’m still working out the kinks but I definitely appreciate the weekends a whole lot more now and make the most of them.
- Get the bathroom finished. I’m helping where I can but this one falls on Keith’s shoulders and the man is working himself to the bone. Done and it’s amazing, I LOVE it.
- Have our windows replaced. It’s all booked in for next week but if this snow continues we think they may reschedule, I just hope it’s before Keith goes away as I can’t really ask for time off during my first weeks in a new job! Not quite, they did start but fitted the wrong windows so are having to make them again, they should be coming back this month.
- I’m not sure yet how blogging is going to fit in around work and everything else so my only goal is to keep the A-Z of Self-Care posts going out each week (as well as #FamilyFunLinky and #funseekingkids) I’m a bit behind on the A-Z challenge but I will catch up, and #funseekingkids has now gone monthly instead of weekly.
- Keep meditating. No. This one really fell by the wayside the past month or so.
- Start yoga again. No, although I did start again last night.
- Get back to Keith’s stormtrooper blanket. The squares have all been stitched together into rows, now I just need to stitch the rows to each other and crochet a border, I just never seem to have the time at the minute though and it’s been neglected. Nope. I’ve hardly touched it.
- Keith went back to Sea last week so I need to get into a good routine to be able to fit everything in now I’m working, especially when it comes to the school run, making tea and walking the dogs.
- Start meal planning again.
- Keep up the weekend outings.
- The windows should finally be fitted this month.
- Sort out the front yard.
- I’m meant to be attending BlogOnX at the weekend but I’m in two minds about it. I’ve loved the last two that I went to but I just have so much less time these days I really feel like I should be spending it with the kids. Either way, I need to make my decision soon.
- Catch up with my A-Z of Self Care for Busy Parents series.
- Meditate every day.
- Start yoga again as well as some kettlebells.
- Get back to crocheting.
How about you? How did you get on in April? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for May?