At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
- Do something together as a family every weekend. Done. Sometimes it was as simple as a walk with the dogs or a movie night, but we made the most of our time all together.
- Two night’s away with the hubby!!!! Done. It was amazing and I really need to write a post about it.
- Finally paint patio doors and outside kitchen windowsill. Not quite. It’s getting done tomorrow though so I’m crossing it off the monthly list.
- Start posting to Pinterest. Done. I’ve only put a couple on so far though and I’m still not quite sure what I’m doing so this needs more work.
- Start posting to StumbleUpon Done, but as with Pinterest I’ve only done a few and still need to work out what I’m doing.
- Continue working on a blog schedule. I have an idea for a regular Monday series which I’m excited about. Done for now. Monday’s is my Words To Live By series, Saturday is a Happy Days post, Sunday is My Sunday Photo. Other posts such as days out and reviews will go up on a Wed/Thu/Fri.
- Keep up the exercise. I was until I put my back out and then half term arrived so I need to get back to it again.
- Lose enough weight to justify buying some new jeans. Big fat no as the exercise went out of the window again, but the hubby did buy me a new pair of jeans anyway as a surprise (i know, he’s amazing).
- Go to a local firework display.
- Make the most of the last month we have with hubby before he heads back to sea again till the start of Feb .
- Decorate L’s room and finally get her into a big girl bed. I actually ordered her new bed today and I am super excited as it’s awesome, she’s one lucky little lady.
- Clean the leather couches as they’ve been a bit neglected as of late.
- Possibly buy a new sofa for the back room.
- Keep on trying to figure out Pinterest and StumbleUpon.
- Interact more on Instagram.
- Write about our two night’s away.
- Write up our days out posts from half-term.
- Get back to exercise again.
- Relax and stop feeling guilty about not posting enough/spending too much time blogging when I could be spending it with family. I need to just let go and go with the flow a little more.
How about you? How did you get on in October? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for November?