At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
Where did October go? I could have sworn it only started a week ago. This month has been one of those ‘forever busy but not really sure what I’ve achieved’ kind of months but I’m slowly getting on top of a few things and I’m excited for November.
- Get the kids involved and start meal planning again. On and off, still need to work on making this a more regular thing.
- Do some baking with L. Done and then some. We’ve made pancakes twice, apple pie, biscuits and muffins.
- Have a wardrobe clear-out and general bedroom tidy-up. Done. I still have the under-bed drawers to sort through but I’ve so far managed to get three bin bags of stuff for the charity shop and two bags for the bin!
- Sort out the drawers in our sideboard as they are complete mess and you can never find what you’re looking for. Nope, one to be added to November’s list.
- Get on top of comments once and for all. Nope, I started the moth off fairly well but the minute you get a couple of days behind it just spirals and there’s no keeping up. Going to start fresh again this month.
- Create a schedule. Yes and no. I don’t have a fully mapped out schedule but I have been spending time each night planning for the next day and creating a daily schedule that way.
- Send out a few brand pitches. Done. I have a few Christmas gift guides coming up over the next few weeks and got a good response from quite a few of my pitches.
- Daily meditations. This has been on and off again this month but has improved this past week or so.
- Crochet 120 squares. I know that may be a bit of stretch considering I haven’t hit my goal of 90 the last few months, but I only have 120 left and then I can start weaving in the ends, blocking them and stitching it all together. I really want to have this blanket finished by Christmas but it’s going to be a real stretch so I’m pushing myself this month. Done, but now I have to weave in all the ends before I can start piecing it all together and that alone could take me a month, so that Christmas deadline is looking less and less likely.
- Complete module two of NCC Home Learning’s Life Coaching Course. Done. I’m really enjoying this course and feel like I’m learning a lot about myself.
- Get on top of meal planning.
- Try out some new recipes.
- Book a holiday for after Christmas.
- Sort out the drawers in the sideboard.
- Clear out the kid’s wardrobes.
- Keep on top of comments daily.
- Get ahead with my posts so that I can take time off in December
- Meditate every single day for the whole month.
- Weave in the ends of all those crochet squares (there’s only 700 of them, can’t be too hard right?) and get them blocked ready for sewing together.
- Complete module three of NCC Home Learning’s Life Coaching Course.
How about you? How did you get on in October? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for November?