At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
- Take the kids to Preston Park and Butterfly World. Done, you can read about it here.
- Start taking L to toddler group sessions again. Done, we started two weeks ago and she’s loving it.
- Organise a night away for the hubby and me for October. Done, but I’ve booked two nights instead of one, so excited!
- Have a toy clear-out. Done
- Paint the patio doors and outside kitchen windowsill. Oops, the paint arrived today so it will get done soon
- Tidy up my wardrobe. Done
- Figure out Facebook and start posting. Sort of. I set up my page and posted a couple of times but I’m always so worried about something going out as my personal profile by mistake (there are people on there who I don’t want commenting on my blog if you know what I mean), so I think I’m going to skip Facebook for now.
- Tidy up Pinterest and add my posts. Nope, must do this.
- Work out a blogging schedule. Not quite. I wrote a post (here) about wanting to take a slight step back while hubby is at home (he works away 10 weeks at a time) which I have done, but I have a few scheduling ideas I’m working on.
- Start exercising. You’re not going to believe this but, yes! I’ve enlisted the hubby as a personal trainer while he’s home so got started a week ago.
- Read at least one book. Not quite, but I have read half of two books, does that count?
- Try to get at least some crochet done. Nope, this blanket is never going to get finished. Maybe by winter 2017?
As I mentioned, I am taking a slight step back while hubby is home (read When You Need to Take a Step Back) so this month’s goals won’t be quite as long.
- Do something together as a family every weekend.
- Two night’s away with the hubby!!!!
- Finally paint patio doors and outside kitchen windowsill.
- Start posting to Pinterest.
- Start posting to StumbleUpon
- Continue working on a blog schedule. I have an idea for a regular Monday series which I’m excited about.
- Keep up the exercise.
- Lose enough weight to justify buying some new jeans.
How about you? How did you get on in September? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for October?