At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
This month has been a hard one with getting back into the school routine and having at least one sick child each week, as well as a couple of migraines myself. There have been plenty of good moments though and I don’t think I got on too badly with my goals, all things considered. Onwards and upwards for October though!
- Get back into our usual routine now the holidays are at an end. Done.
- Get L settled in to pre-school for 2.5 days a week. She loved it the first week but the last couple of weeks there has been a lot of screaming and crying. I’m hoping she settles soon.
- Start meal planning again. Fail.
- Overhaul my desk as it has become a bit of a dumping ground. Done. It is now thoroughly tidies and much easier to work from but I’d still like to pretty it up a little.
- Have a clear-out in M’s bedroom. Done and amazingly he agreed to give loads to charity and has kept it really clean and tidy all month!
- No other big goals, just try and keep on top of things so that I can spend the days L is in pre-school working instead of trying to catch up on housework. Done. I’m focusing on decluttering a different area of the house each week and the areas I’ve done already are now really easy to keep on top of.
- Keep on top of comments. Failed again! I really need to get into more a of a habit of doing this daily otherwise they build up and I just don’t know where to start.
- Catch up on all the outstanding reviews I have to do. I have one I didn’t get to but only because I am waiting for a response back from the company with regards a competition.
- I have a new collaboration coming up that I’m really excited about but you’ll have to wait till next week to find out what. Yay! Incase you didn’t find out I am now the new co-host for the #FamilyFunLinky which has now moved to Monday’s. I am absolutely loving it and would love you all to come join in if you haven’t already x
- Sort out a work schedule so that I don’t waste the days when L is in pre-school. Fail
- Attend BlogOnXMAS!!!!! YES! It was amazing and I really should get around to writing up a post about it.
- Get back to my daily meditations. For the first half of the month I didn’t miss a single day, and then it all fell apart. I felt so much better that first half of the month though so I need to get going again.
- Crochet 90 squares. Epic fail. I think I managed about 20!
- Complete module one of NCC Home Learning’s Life Coaching Course. Almost. I have one last exercise to complete but I have really enjoyed these exercises and I’m learning more about me and what’s really important to me.
- Get the kids involved and start meal planning again.
- Do some baking with L.
- Have a wardrobe clear-out and general bedroom tidy-up.
- Sort out the drawers in our sideboard as they are complete mess and you can never find what you’re looking for.
- Get on top of comments once and for all.
- Create a schedule.
- Send out a few brand pitches.
- Daily meditations.
- Crochet 120 squares. I know that may be a bit of stretch considering I haven’t hit my goal of 90 the last few months, but I only have 120 left and then I can start weaving in the ends, blocking them and stitching it all together. I really want to have this blanket finished by Christmas but it’s going to be a real stretch so I’m pushing myself this month.
- Complete module two of NCC Home Learning’s Life Coaching Course.
How about you? How did you get on in September? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for October?