I created my first monthly bucket list last month and I found it really useful. As you’ll see below I didn’t quite complete everything on the list (it was a BIG list) but I did find that if I started to put something off the very fact that I had published this list prompted me to get on with it. Being such a success I will be doing it again for September. I’ll do a quick run-through of how I got on last month followed by this month’s list.
- At least two planned outings each week during the holidays, including Fountains Abbey in Ripon, Beamish, Lowther Castle, South Lakes Safari Zoo, Preston Park and Butterfly World, and two as yet undetermined trips. Yes to all except Preston Park and Butterfly World which will be done this weekend. We also visited Hamsterley Forrest, Hardwick Park and Binchester Roman Fort. Check out the ‘Days Out’ tab above to find out how we got on. (Lowther Castle, and Binchester posts to go up next week)
- Take the kids to choose some more fish for the back fish tank. We are slowly stocking it up with Malawi Cichlids. Done
- Picnic in the garden whenever we get the chance. Only managed once, the weather has been so bad this month that every day it wasn’t raining we headed out.
- Have a baking session with M. Done, he helped me bake L’s birthday cake.
- Take M to buy new school trousers and a new school bag. Done (totally last minute, did it yesterday!)
- Celebrate L’s 2nd Birthday! Where did that time go?!!! Done, time is going far too fast!
- Have a toy clear-out before L’s birthday. Never did get round to this so now we are overflowing!
- Sort out old kids clothes for charity. Done.
- Paint the outside of the patio doors and the kitchen windowsill. Nope. Went to do it this afternoon only to discover we don’t have enough paint, oops!
- Finish oiling the decking. Done.
- Set up a Facebook page. Done, but I haven’t actually posted anything on it yet.
- Work out a blogging schedule. Nope, still need to work on this one.
- Make a list of all the things I want/need to learn for my blog and start making my way through it. Ongoing. Everything I learn seems to add ten more things to the list!
- Start exercising again (who am I kidding, it’s the school holidays!). Ha ha, we all knew this would be a big fat no.
- Read at least two books. I used to ready at least two every week but lately I just never seem to have the time. Almost. I’m about 90% of the way through the second one, reviews to follow.
- Get back to my crochet project which is woefully behind schedule. It’s a very large stormtrooper blanket for the hubby to match the smaller one I already made my son (I’ll wire a post about that soon). I was hoping to have it done by Christmas but as the smaller one took me 4 months and this is twice the size and I’ve barely started and I don’t think I have a hope in hell, but I can try. Big fat fail, I haven’t even touched a crochet hook all month 🙁
Last month’s list was a bit full on so I’m going to be a little more conservative this time round.
- Take the kids to Preston Park and Butterfly World
- Start taking L to toddler group sessions again.
- Organise a night away for me and the hubby for next month.
- Have a toy clear-out.
- Paint the patio doors and outside kitchen windowsill.
- Tidy up my own wardrobe
- Figure out Facebook and start posting.
- Tidy up Pinterest and add my posts. I’ve used it as a personal site for a couple of years but now I have started blogging I want to tidy it up and use it more professionally.
- Work out a blogging schedule!
- This may be laughable but I’m going to add exercise again, you never know!
- Keep up with reading, at least one book a month.
- Try to get at least some crochet done.
How about you? How did you get on in August? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for September?