I am all about making lists. Mainly because if I don’t write it down I immediately forget it and it doesn’t get done (can I still blame baby brain when my youngest is nearly 2?). But chances are, when the list is private, all those really boring tasks still get conveniently forgotten about. So, by publishing my monthly goal list on her I am being held accountable and wanting to avoid the embarrassment of reporting back to you all next month that I’ve done nothing should be motivation enough to get moving. My list is quite long this month so I have broken it up into different life areas but I don’t know if I will do this every month.
- At least two planned outings each week during the holidays, including Fountains Abbey in Ripon, Beamish, Lowther Castle, South Lakes Safari Zoo, Preston Park and Butterfly World, and two as yet undetermined trips.
- Take the kids to choose some more fish for the back fish tank. We are slowly stocking it up with Malawi Cichlids.
- Picnic in the garden whenever we get the chance.
- Have a baking session with M.
- Take M to buy new school trousers and a new school bag.
- Celebrate L’s 2nd Birthday! Where did that time go?!!!
- Have a toy clear-out before L’s birthday.
- Sort out old kids clothes for charity.
- Paint the outside of the patio doors and the kitchen windowsill.
- Finish oiling the decking. My husband did most of it before he went away (he works away in the Merchant Navy), so I only have the seating area dan few posts to do.
- Set up a Facebook page.
- Work out a blogging schedule.
- Make a list of all the things I want/need to learn for my blog and start making my way through it.
- Start exercising again (who am I kidding, it’s the school holidays!).
- Read at least two books. I used to ready at least two every week but lately I just never seem to have the time.
- Get back to my crochet project which is woefully behind schedule. It’s a very large stormtrooper blanket for the hubby to match the smaller one I already made my son (I’ll wire a post about that soon). I was hoping to have it done by Christmas but as the smaller one took me 4 months and this is twice the size and I’ve barely started and I don’t think I have a hope in hell, but I can try.
It’s a pretty full-on list but I’m aiming high this month. How about you? What are your goals for the month ahead?