Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
Here is this weeks list:
- On Sunday, my husband made three different types of curry (he’s becoming a bit of a master) and I made some roti and we all picked and helped ourselves. It was a really lovely meal and a very big hit with both kids.
- We stopped off at the park while walking the dogs on Monday and L had a bit of a run around in the mud and a play on the swing. The dogs found a stick the size of a tree to play with so they were happy too.
- We had a trip to IKEA on Tuesday to look at beds for L as it’s time she moved out of her cot. We didn’t find one for her but we did get quite a few ideas and she had us in hysterics trying out every single chair, sofa and bed in the store (thankfully being mid-week it was fairly quite or it might have been stressful rather than funny).
- L had her 2yr check with the Health Visitor on Wednesday. I wasn’t particularly looking forward to it as it’s too much form filling and bureaucracy for my liking but the woman was really lovely and absolutely great with L so it actually went well.
- L laying out a picnic for one on the living room floor with her toy picnic set on Thursday. She took so much time and care over it (unheard of for L, she’s usually more bull in a china shop), it was really sweet.
- M’s school had a Roald Dahl dress up day on Friday in aid of Stand up 2 Cancer. He wanted to be Mr Twit and I spent a lot of the week trying to make a beard. I can’t say making it was fun, but how happy he was with it on Friday morning definitely put a smile on my face. He’d drawn lots of pieces of spaghetti and worms and cereal to stick in it too and I think it worked out pretty well. I used this tutorial to make the beard but had to make a few tweaks to get it to stay up.
- My Words to Live By: A New Series post was in the top 3 most viewed posts on #Momsterslink run by Trista at domesticatedmomster.com and co-hosted the last couple of weeks by Heather at shank-you-very-much.com
- After a visit to the library this morning I was in the kitchen making lunch when I heard M reading one of the new books to L whilst both sitting on the bottom step, it kind of made my heart melt.
How about you? What has made you happy this week?