Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I’ve been feeling a bit run down this week and now L is ill again after only just getting over the last round illness so it’s been a bit of a slow week. Here are the things that made me happy though:
- We had a really lovely walk out with the dogs last weekend, the kids had so much fun running through the mud and leaves and throwing sticks for the dogs.
- It was my 6 month blogoversary last Sunday, the time has flown by. I wrote about my Lessons and Achievements so far if you want to give it a read.
- M received a crystal growing kit for Christmas and we set it up on Sunday. I’ll write a post about it once its finished growing.
- I finally set up my Freebies page and created a Workbook for last weeks Words To Live By post. I’m planning to add a new one each week. It’s something I have been thinking about doing for ages so I was really pleased with myself for finally taking the plunge.
- L discovered her brother’s whoopie cushion and had hours of fun with it, she had me in hysterics.
- My parents came round on Monday night and we all had fish and chips. We haven’t seen them since my Mum’s Birthday just after Christmas so it was really nice, and the kids are always excited to see them.
- The photo below of L’s bedhead was featured in the #LionessMama round-up over on Instagram
- On Wednesday L decided to take her Lalaloopsy doll to go pick M up from school and she chatted to her and showed her the ‘sights’ all the way there, so cute.
- Yesterday morning M kept L occupied with a story while I got dressed. I love hearing him read to her, melts my heart every time.
- L giving Ted a drink with a cup from her Playmobil set.
- L having cuddles with Ted on the landing this morning. I don’t know how that cat puts up with her constant affection, but he seems to enjoy it.
How about you? What has made you happy this week? Let me know in the comments below.