Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
The dreaded winter bug took over our house again last weekend and I didn’t get my Happy Days post written so these are my highlights for the past two weeks.
- We had a meal out with my parents. We haven’t seen very much of them since Christmas as my Dad has been quite poorly. He’s getting much better no though and it was lovely to see them. Plus, not having to cook Sunday lunch is always a bonus. L was so excited about going to see them.
- L rediscovered her Minnie Mouse sunglasses and despite being very dull and wet outside she insisted on wearing them constantly for a few days. Upside down of course.
- L finally started nursery. It’s only a couple of hours on a Monday morning but she has been desperate to go since we had a look around at the start of the year. I was worried on her first day that she might not be quite so happy when I turned and left her there but I needn’t have been. All the way there she was getting really excited about playing with her ‘friends’ (other than that brief trial she’d never met any of them). She walked straight in, said hello to everyone, walked up to a boy and stroked his arm and called him friend and that was that. I barely got a backward glance. She was just as happy and excited the second week too.
- For World Book Day everyone at M’s school had to go in dressed up in a Star Wars theme (it ties in with their term wide project). M usually hates dressing up but he was very happy about this as it meant he could dress up as Boba Fett. I got the camera out to take a picture and L immediately had to dive in and be in it too.
- L has discovered a love of ‘washing up’. By this I mean she loves to play with a full sink of soapy water and soak everything within a 2m square radius.
- We had an impromptu visit to the park after school one night when the weather took an unexpected turn for the better.
And now for the biggest highlight of them all:
- Hubby finally came home from Sea yesterday! It has been 13 very long weeks. Poor M was at school but L got very excited when it was time to head to the airport to pick him up.
How about you? what has made you happy this week?