- Given half a chance they will eat you out of house and home.
- They will eat all manner of disgusting things but present them with a vegetable and they think you are trying to poison them.
- All new things must be explored by licking them.
- Selective hearing – call them from one foot away and they will completely ignore you, rustle a food packet from another room and they are by your side in seconds.
- If you’re holding a treat in your hand as bribery they will do almost anything you ask.
- They love getting wet in rivers and puddles but mention bath time and you have to chase them round the house.
- Trying to dry them with a towel is like a full body workout.
- As soon as you get them clean they seem hell bent on trying to get dirty again as soon as possible.
- Sticks bring unknown pleasure and must be picked up at every opportunity.
- They have a strange obsession with poo.
- Like to leave their toys (or even themselves sprawled on the floor) in places most likely to cause you injury; top/bottom of stairs, doorways, behind you just as you turn/take a step back (especially when cooking or carrying something heavy).
- If they don’t get outside for exercise they will destroy the house.
Bonus: They have perfected the wide-eyed look of innocence and cuteness when they are in trouble, ensuring you can never stay mad at them for too long.
Can you think of any I’ve missed?