At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
The end of July was extremely busy for me and I had more blog posts going out and set up ahead of my holiday than I could cope with so I gave the monthly bucket list a miss for August and have simply enjoyed spending time with the family over the holidays. Also, with July being so busy I hardly got anything ticked off so figured I’d stretch it to two months and see how I got on.
July & August Goals
- Keep up the weekend outings. It’s a little harder without Keith here but I am determined to keep it up. Yes, and since writing these goals Keith has been home for 4 weeks of the summer holidays and gone away again.
- Get everything organised for L’s 3rd Birthday at the start of August. Yes – although it was all a bit last minute as we were away on holiday until two days before. See 10 Brilliant Birthday Gifts for 3 Year Old Girls and Happy Days: A Holiday, Birthday & Friends for more details and pictures.
- Plan some great days out for the Summer holidays. Yes, we went on holiday for a week to Gran Canaria and have had loads of days out locally too.
- Have a wardrobe clear-out. Nope, I’ll get to it eventually!
- Get our new artwork hung up. Yes and I love them.
- I’ve got really behind with replying to blog comments again so I need to catch up and then keep up with it this month. No – The blog has taken a complete backseat during the summer holidays and there’s just no way I can catch up now so I’ll be starting fresh from today.
- It’s my one year Blogoversary this month. I’m not planning anything big but I do want to do a re-cap of my year and what I have learnt. Yes, see Lessons & Achievements From 1 Year of Blogging.
- Try and get ahead with my posts so that I can schedule a few in advance for over the summer holidays. I did manage to schedule a couple for while I was on holiday but now I seem in a constant state of playing catch-up. Hopefully I can get things back on track once school starts back next week.
- Make meditation part of my daily routine. I did in July but it kind of fell away during August.
- Crochet 90 squares. Nowhere near. I did well for the first half of July then things got hectic and I was working every spare minute the rest of the month. Then during August I didn’t pick up a crochet hook once!
- Exercise more consistently. Again, I did well in the first half of July then it fizzled out when I got busy. We have been very active over the holidays though so I’m not too bothered.
- Read at least one book. Or perhaps I should say finish at least one book as I have three on the go at the minute! Yes but it wasn’t any of the three I already had on the go. In fact I’ve read three and have a few reviews to get up over the coming weeks.
- Get back into our usual routine now the holidays are at an end.
- Get L settled in to pre-school for 2.5 days a week.
- Start meal planning again.
- Overhaul my desk as it has become a bit of a dumping ground.
- Have a clear-out in M’s bedroom.
- No other big goals, just try and keep on top of things so that I can spend the days L is in pre-school working instead of trying to catch up on housework.
- Keep on top of comments.
- Catch up on all the outstanding reviews I have to do.
- I have a new collaboration coming up that I’m really excited about but you’ll have to wait till next week to find out what.
- Sort out a work schedule so that I don’t waste the days when L is in pre-school.
- Attend BlogOnXMAS!!!!!
- Get back to my daily meditations.
- Crochet 90 squares.
- Complete module one of NCC Home Learning’s Life Coaching Course.
How about you? How did you get on over the summer? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for September?