Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has been barmy with the weather, from wind and rain, to heavy snow and then glorious sunshine and almost summer-like temperatures. And we have made the most of all of it:
- Last weekend we had a day out at Bollyhope Common. It’s the sight of a very old quarry that has some amazing walks through the different valleys. It is completely off the beaten track and I have been going there since I was around 7yrs old. It’s a great place to let the dogs run free and for the kids to run and explore and throw stones in the river and climb hills. It was really cold and windy and looked a bit bleak but it’s such a magical place we all have so much fun and feel so much happier when we go.
- Whilst at Bollyhope hubby spotted a grass snake. The kids were both amazed but I think I was more excited than them both.
- The below photo from Bollyhope was featured in the #livingfearlesslyauthentic Instagram community run by Mac at Reflections From Me
- My Do Your Best – Part 1 post was one of the two most clicked posts from the previous week’s #mg linky, also run by the fabulous Mac at Reflections From Me.
- We booked a couple of nights away for just the hubby and me for next week. Last time we went to Crab Manor in Thirsk, on Monday we are off to Hotel Du Vin in Newcastle for two nights and I am very excited.
- L only goes to nursery on Monday mornings so she came out with an early Mother’s Day creation for me. This is my first one from her so it was a really special moment for me.
- Hubby bought me a gorgeous pair of new shoes. I can’t actually remember the last time I had some new heels as it’s extremely rare I ever wear them, but I need more opportunities now as these are to die for.
- On Wednesday we woke up to a couple of inches of snow which surprised us all. The dogs always love the snow and behave like puppies.
- The weather improved dramatically on Friday and the kids had a great time playing outside after school and we had a cheeky take-away.
- The lovely Hayley who runs the Mission Mindfulness blog added my Do your Best – Part 2 post to the #blogcrush linky run by Wendy of Naptime Natter and Lucy from Lucy At Home
- Do You Best – Part 1 was chosen as one of the favourite posts on the #FabFridayPost linky by the lovely Su at Ethan & Evelyn
- The kids were at the dentist on Thursday night. M has always been really well behaved and very chatty with the dentist and was no different this time. The best bit though was L. I have never known a kid so excited about a trip to the dentist. She climbed straight up into the seat and lay back with her mouth open and was very proud to show off all her teeth.
- I have mentioned previously that I am working on a collaboration with Susie from This Is Me Now and we now have a launch date and the post is written and scheduled for first thing Thursday morning. I’m really excited, so don’t miss the announcement.
- I usually write this post on a Saturday morning but the weather was so amazing we decided to make the most of it and headed back to Bollyhope Common again. Despite being poorly L surprised us and walked a really long way and I think we had the best day out there ever. You can see the difference one week makes in the weather by looking at the photo below. After that, we sat outside all afternoon while the kids played with water pistols and the slide and trampoline. The in-laws came over for a few hours too and there may have been a few too many glasses of white wine consumed. It was just one of those really perfect days.
- This morning is Mother’s Day and L is having a much needed lie-in after an unsettled night. M has been really sweet and made me a beautiful card and a cup of tea and the best hug ever.
How about you, what are your happy highlights from the past week? Let me know in the comments below.
If you liked this post please share the love on your social media of choice x
3 thoughts on “Happy Days: Fun In The Sun … And Rain And Snow”
Wow you have had a mixture of weather, not sure how I would have reacted if I had seen that snake!x #happydays
So many happy things! I saw your pictures from your walk on Instagram, it looks like a lovely place for an adventure and how exciting seeing a snake! Aww it makes me happy to see that being added to #BlogCrush was something that made you happy and it looks like it was a great week for your blog all round. Thanks for linking this up to #BlogCrush xx
Wendy recently posted…5 reasons all busy mums need a pair of Converse
Gorgeous photos! Not sure I would have coped well at all if I’d have come across that snake! Thank you so much for joining in #HappyDaysLinky x
Katy (What Katy Said) recently posted…Me & Mine: March