I am all about making lists. Mainly because if I don’t write it down I immediately forget it and it doesn’t get done (can I still blame baby brain when my youngest is nearly 2?). But chances are, when the list is private, all those really boring tasks still get conveniently forgotten about. So, by publishing my monthly goal list on her I am being held accountable and wanting to avoid the embarrassment of reporting back to you all next month that I’ve done nothing should be motivation enough to get moving. My list is quite long this month so I have broken it up into different life areas but I don’t know if I will do this every month.
- At least two planned outings each week during the holidays, including Fountains Abbey in Ripon, Beamish, Lowther Castle, South Lakes Safari Zoo, Preston Park and Butterfly World, and two as yet undetermined trips.
- Take the kids to choose some more fish for the back fish tank. We are slowly stocking it up with Malawi Cichlids.
- Picnic in the garden whenever we get the chance.
- Have a baking session with M.
- Take M to buy new school trousers and a new school bag.
- Celebrate L’s 2nd Birthday! Where did that time go?!!!
- Have a toy clear-out before L’s birthday.
- Sort out old kids clothes for charity.
- Paint the outside of the patio doors and the kitchen windowsill.
- Finish oiling the decking. My husband did most of it before he went away (he works away in the Merchant Navy), so I only have the seating area dan few posts to do.
- Set up a Facebook page.
- Work out a blogging schedule.
- Make a list of all the things I want/need to learn for my blog and start making my way through it.
- Start exercising again (who am I kidding, it’s the school holidays!).
- Read at least two books. I used to ready at least two every week but lately I just never seem to have the time.
- Get back to my crochet project which is woefully behind schedule. It’s a very large stormtrooper blanket for the hubby to match the smaller one I already made my son (I’ll wire a post about that soon). I was hoping to have it done by Christmas but as the smaller one took me 4 months and this is twice the size and I’ve barely started and I don’t think I have a hope in hell, but I can try.
It’s a pretty full-on list but I’m aiming high this month. How about you? What are your goals for the month ahead?
21 thoughts on “My Monthly Bucket List – August 2016”
I love to read other peoples lists, it gives me inspiration for summer activities and also reminds me of the things I have forgotten to do. The main one here being a blogging schedule, I really need to get on that!
I love reading others’ too for the exact same reason. Good luck with the blog schedule.
I really love your bucket list!! I always te d to wrote mine down on a bit of paper that ends up scattered throughout and then lost haha this is a great way to keep organised and go bavk to see what you have checked off your list! Good luck with everything. #AnythingGoes
Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
Thank you, I certainly can’t make the excuse I’ve lost this list! Fingers crossed I’m not embarrassing myself next month when I’ve still done nothing!
Thats a great list, I too like to read others for inspiration. This month I just done a summer holiday bucket list, but I am already thinking of things that I have missed, and of course all of my list is summer fun based so nothing really essential like blog work is on there, and nothing for just me like reading. I love reading and just never make time for it. x
Thank you. There are always going to be things we missed, I’ve thought up another 5 things at least since publishing this list! Good look with your summer list x
May you achieve all you set out to do and more this month. #MarvMondays
Thank you x
It sounds like you have a busy month ahead! Good luck with this months goals, have a lovely August! xx #monthlybucketlist
Thanks, I may have bitten off more than I can chew if this week is anything to go by, but I’m aiming high x
I’ve been thinking of making a bucket list for the holidays. These are great things to do – busy month ahead for you all.
It really is the only way to keep me organised, fingers crossed I manage to pull it off!
Great idea to have a bucket list that covers all aspects! I don’t get a chance to read anymore unless you count other people’s blogs :). I also need to sort out the boys clothes – they go through them so quickly!! Popping by from #MarvMondays
I have a tendency to focus on just one area and then everything else gets conveniently forgotten about so writing all the areas down is my attempt to battle that. Hopefully it will work! Thanks for popping by x
I make lists also to ensure I am held accountable! There is nothing worse than forgetting and I think it’s motivational too! Great list – I love reading list posts, especially about regular things that remind us we are human – like painting. We are on a mission to build a new summer house floor and move the summer house from one end of the garden to the other lol. Oh and it all needs painting as we go! Then we need to dig out an area, build the swings (we’ve bought a swing with three swings – one for each child) and lay some bark. Good luck with your list! #AnythingGoes Janet
Great bucket list and I love the fact that it has a range of different things on it and not just activites and things you want to do with the little ones. Feeling rather inspired now to go write my own 😉 Thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily
Thank you. Good luck with your list if you do decide to do one x
Wow you have a bust month ahead of you. Good luck with ticking them all off. Thanks for linking up to #TheList x
Thanks, I’m hoping I haven’t bitten off more than I can chew. The bad weather we’ve had since the start of the month certainly isn’t helping!
I feel exactly the same about exercising – I so need to but it’s impossible with the kids at home! Good luck for sorting all the blog stuff out. It’s time consuming but worth it! Thanks for linking up xx
Beth @ Twinderelmo recently posted…Home Improvements
Thanks. I’ve just bought a lovely new theme which I am loving but spent last two hours trying to sort out sharing buttons that won’t behave. I’ll get there eventually!