At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. It really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
February Goals Round-Up
- Make more of an effort at weekends to actually get out and about. Done. Weather permitting we have been having trips to the park as well as getting out with the dogs
- Have some nice days out during half term. Done. You can read more about what we got up to during half term in my Happy Days: Half-Term Fun post. I’ve also posted about our great day out at Richmond Castle.
- Have a baking session with the kids. This was meant to happen at the end of the half-term holiday but I hurt my neck and back so baking was the last thing on the agenda. We’ll hopefully be doing it next weekend though.
- Get back into my cleaning rota as things have slipped a bit lately. Not quite, oops.
- Get the car serviced. Done
- Start scheduling tweets with Buffer. Done, although I’m still a bit haphazard with it.
- Continue working on Pinterest and join a few group boards. Done, but still have a long way to go.
- Register as self-employed now that I have a had a few media enquiries. Done!
- Take Aby’s Blog Growth Accelerator Course. Done, although there are still two weeks left to go. Absolutely loving this course.
- Read another book. Done. In fact I read two!
- Exercise (I know, I know, you can stop laughing now). Let’s just not mention it.
- Continue to up my water intake. Done, sort of. I’ve improved on last month and was doing really well but have slipped a bit this last week or so. I’m struggling to tilt my head back to drink since I hurt my neck so the infruition bottle I usually use to keep on top of my intake has been impossible to use.
- Crochet 6 squares a day again (168 for the month). Big fail this month. I only managed 44! At least it’s moving forward 😬.
- Baking session with the kids.
- Hubby is due home this month so looking forward to spending time together as a family.
- Book a short romantic getaway. We’re thinking of somewhere along the coast maybe, and going cheap and cheerful this time after our indulgence at Crab Manor Hotel. If anyone has any suggestions for places in the north, let me know x
- Get stuck in with my cleaning rota.
- Weed and tidy up the front garden.
- Finish the Blog Growth Accelerator Course
- Use all the amazing tips from the course to update a few elements on the blog.
- I’m not happy with my blog graphics so I’ve been playing round with a few ideas. I want to get this nailed in March so that I have more consistency.
- Catch up on all the guest posts and blogging tags I’ve committed to.
- I have an idea for a new collaborative series that I want to explore a bit more.
- Read another book.
- Up my water intake again.
- Is it worth even adding exercise? I’m just humiliating myself now. I’ll give it another go though.
- Continue with my daily meditations. A few weeks ago I reviewed the Mindfulness Mediation App by Welzen and I notice a real difference on the days when I forget to do it. My son is really enjoying doing it on a night before he goes to bed too.
- I’m going to be more realistic with the crochet goals and aim for three a day instead, so that’s 93 for the month.
How about you? How did you get on in February? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for March?